How Much CBD Research Is Out There?
The body of medical research on cannabidiol (CBD) has grown significantly in the past few years. While once confined to anecdotal case reports or animal studies, currently, randomized, double-blinded trials are underway in many countries.
In addition to CBD, much interest exists in the scientific community to study the effects of other, non-psychoactive phytocannabinoids (plant-derived cannabinoids), terpenes, and flavonoids, derived from hemp plants. Products formulated with whole-plant extracts, including CBD, are referred to as full-spectrum, and offer the benefit of the entourage effect, a theory that suggests taking CBD along with terpenes, flavonoids and other cannabinoids may be more effective in interacting with the body than taking CBD alone.
Is There Still More To Learn About CBD?
Yes- there is still much to learn about CBD and its potential applications, and there are networks of physicians continuing to evaluate patients, review their experiences, and analyze new data. Currently, all known research and evaluations indicate that CBD is safe for daily use and effective in addressing several common afflictions.
Does CBD Provide Similar Benefits As THC (Medical Marijuana)?
Many people can achieve positive results for their ailments without the need for a medical marijuana card. By choosing a product that contains a high amount of CBD and other cannabinoids. Through medical cannabis clinical experience, doctors have developed several treatment protocols, most of which require higher doses of CBD to be taken regularly and for sustained periods of time.
Will It Help My Physical Discomfort, Or If I Have A Low Mood?
Applied topically, CBD may help address isolated soreness, muscle aches, and muscle tension. It can also help relieve stress if you are feeling down, or have a particularly low mental mood. Interestingly, CBD may play a role in addressing muscle and joint pain, neuropathy, and muscle tension. The four steps in the pain pathway – transduction, transmission, modulation, and perception – involve communication between tissues, nerves, and the brain. This communication pathway is, in part, influenced by the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Recent discoveries about the ECS’s specific contributions to the pain pathway have warranted further research into CBD (cannabidiol)’s effects on physical discomfort.
Which Type of CBD Is Most Effective?
Of the three general categories of CBD (full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate), full-spectrum CBD is the most effective. This is due to what is called “The Entourage Effect”. Simply put - The Entourage Effect means that CBD works better in combination with other cannabinoids and terpenes found in the hemp plant (including some THC), than when isolated. As a consumer, you will want to use full-spectrum CBD products for maximum benefits due to the “Entourage Effect ” of its multiple cannabinoid and terpene elements working together. With this in mind, Green Care Medical has created the highest-quality CBD products based on this principle.
How Do I Select a Quality Product?
There are hundreds of CBD products on the market to choose from, so determining which is best can be challenging. Use these basic guidelines when shopping for CBD:
- 1. Do not buy CBD from Amazon or any Big Box discount stores. It is currently illegal to sell CBD through these networks, so don’t trust a brand that doesn’t have its own website. If a brand isn’t willing to invest in a well-crafted website, its products shouldn’t be trusted.
- 2. Research each brand and look for transparency. Are the products independently tested? Where does its CBD and hemp come from? Does the website offer CBD education, or does it just try to sell you something?
- 3. Don’t confuse hempseed oil with CBD oil. The two are very different products, and hempseed oil typically doesn’t contain any CBD.
- 4. Look for or ask for a COA (Certificate of Analysis). All CBD producers are required to have one, and any brand which hides it or doesn’t offer it at all should be met with skepticism.
- 5. Each brand should clearly list the amount of CBD (in milligrams) in each product. If a product does not display its CBD content, don’t buy it.
It Sounds Like I Could Benefit From Trying CBD For Myself?
That is for you to answer for yourself! Most people do find that it helps provide relief from either physical tension, or mental stress, or both. In the end, an intelligently formulated, high quality crafted, full spectrum brand will give you the best chance to experience CBD’s tremendous benefits. Have you tried something new lately?